Part-Time Junior Designer
The Part-Time Junior Designer at verynice directly reports to the Designer, and ultimately reports to the Art Director (primary) and Strategist (secondary) in order to contribute to diverse range of client-facing project initiatives as well as internal initiatives and promotional efforts. This is a part-time, 16-32 hour/week contract position from July 9th – December 31st with possibility for extension or full-time employment upon completion and review of the initial contract.
- Responsible for the production and completion of technical files and physical assets as assigned by project or task. This includes a wide range of design outputs such as print design, web design, wireframes, illustration, presentations, logo design, animations, etc.
- Collaborates with the Art Director or supervising Designer to iterate internally on designs and presentations through regular check-ins and critiques before designs are submitted to clients.
- Communicates progress and needs regularly to the Art Director or supervising Designer or Strategist.
- Performs quality assurance on working files and final assets of their assigned projects or tasks, and of intern work under their supervision.
- Assists in the management and mentorship of interns.
- Assists the Strategist in research or strategy initiatives in select cases for internal and client projects.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, July 1, 2018 before Midnight PST.
1-2 years of experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related/relevant field. Must be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator. Great presentation and time management skills are necessary to handle multiple projects and deadlines at once. Must be a quick thinker, passionate about design and social impact, and have a willingness to develop strong friendships with our amazing clients. Must be comfortable in drawing and sketching, understanding of composition, color, and typography, and proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Must be familiar with Google Products (Drive, Docs, Sheets). Proficiency in After Effects, Adobe XD, Active Collab, and Basecamp a plus.
To apply, please send your cover letter, design portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Visual Design Internship
The Design Internship is a production-oriented position that supports our creative team in the visual design process for various client projects. The Design Intern will split their efforts between our for-profit and non-profit clientele.
This is a flexible 16 – 32 hour per week position, and is housed in our downtown Los Angeles office in the Arts District area, requiring 2-4 full days in-house. Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 9am to 6pm. This is position starts mid July and is available for current students in their junior or senior year of undergraduate studies. Compensation is limited to course credit only.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, June 24, 2018 before Midnight PST.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, Fine Arts, or a related field. Strong verbal and visual communication skills. Interest or basic experience with socially-oriented design. Entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail. Ability to handles multiple projects and deadlines at once. Must have own computer (preferably Mac) and Adobe Creative Suite.
To apply, please send your cover letter, design portfolio and resume to email@example.com along with responses to the following questions:
1) What date would you be available to start this internship position?
2) Are you interested in a 2, 3 or 4 day internship?
3) What are your course credit requirements?